As the temperature begins to plummet many of us start to crank our heaters up at this time of year.
Here are some helpful tips for ensuring you maximise the use of your heater and your power bill.
- Heaters work best when they are clean, check if your heater has a filter and if so simply run a vacuum over the filter to clear it. You will find air flow will increase and you will likely require less power/ fan speed.
- Avoid setting your heater above 21C This is the optimal temperature to heat a standard space and for energy efficiency which equates to a lower power bill.
- Turn the heater down or off overnight
- To prevent heat loss close the doors to rooms that aren’t being used.
- Close curtains to keep the heat in.
- Place draft stoppers under door cracks.
- Floor rugs also offer
If you are facing any issues with your heater turning on please check first whether your heater is gas or electric and then contact Neesh.
Useful link for heating advice and what to install in your house: http://www.yourhome.gov.au/energy/heating-and-cooling